Friday, March 6, 2009

Session Road in Bloom - part 2

"UYY, I CAN'T come, really," my heart was crushed when J IM'ed me those words, followed by a text message from Cher that she couldn't come because of schedule conflicts. I logged out of my computer almost instantly to make a few phone calls on cancelling a few activities. I RSVP'ed late and my party of eight shrunk a little to six. I was looking at what to wear in my closet when Jacky called to confirm several times about how many we actually were. The street party will start promptly at 8pm and everybody will be there to see all the happenings in Session. The fireworks display will launch at Burnham Park and it'll be a blast as we all wil expect. I munched on the freshly-baked (and delivered) raisin-bread from Country Club, I was supposed to give it to J as my "Welcome to Baguio" gift and the three-foot cheese bread for Cher is sitting prettily in the fridge. Session looked more like a market rather than a sophisticated party, but tonight, it will definitely transform to a mini Mardi Gras! I will definitely run into people I love, people I don't wanna see and people I am related to, so I'll behave tonight and enjoy the remaining days of the festival. I took my medication obediently so I won't have to be in pain later in the night. Sayang, no alcohol and white sticks for me tonight or ever because my doctor says so. The streamers, blimps, balloons, colorful food are on display in every corner possible. Of course the cute guys will be there, we can spot the locals from the out-of-towners. I'll be logging out now, time to hit the town!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on the shoerack?

Powered By Blogger

inside the shoebox

Custom Search