Thursday, November 20, 2008

a Flogger's confession...

I am looking at my To-Do calendar right now and I still don't have anything planned for our Christmas Dinner.

Every year, my family looks forward to Christmas specially the dinner that I lovingly prepare for them. My specialties have always been stellar to them. But I was leaning on to try different dishes as this give them an opportunity to embrace new favorites for the family menu.

I'm thinking if I could do a soup-salad combination which is in favor to my mom as she always promotes healthy eating in the family but 'tis the season not to think about Lent since we're all about the Yuletide ha-ha! This season is also where the pigs and chickens die a happy death so we could savor their flavors from fat to bone.

So, back to the drawing board...Hmmm, maybe I'll do Chicken Pandan Rolls, definitely no pasta or noodles. Can I cheat on a Mama Peredo's Chicken Potato Pie? and I'll tweak my
Sweet and Sticky Ribs from Nigella Lawson's recipe by adding nutmeg or pepper rub or a really good beer to tenderize the meat and reach its full flavor. I've done this for two holidays and oh, well! I still rule the kitchen and then followed by a Curly Flat Chardonnay (1999) or a Valentini Cerasulo (2002)

I honestly don't know what to do if Car decides to bring salmon, she pleases mom and dad to the nines with this cute tactic. Perhaps a coriander pesto to go with this?

plan. plan. plan. whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on the shoerack?

Powered By Blogger

inside the shoebox

Custom Search