Wednesday, February 4, 2009

reason why I am here...




THIRTY PLUS YEARS AGO, a shy,beautiful 17 year-old met a 21-year old handome radio operator in Baguio City, she was a shy UPian freshie while he, a breadwinner of his family. They fell in love through several years of writing letters to each other while he was in Vietnam and she was finishing up with her studies.
A few years after graduation, they married and had six children. I am a product of the overflowing love in this particular household. We are four girls and two boys running around,fighting with each other trying to get the attention of my mom and dad. It's so amazing how we were brought up and kept the family intact through struggles and crises. We have always been a prayerful family and we keep an open communication so through childhood,awkward adolescence, puberty, teens and and adulthood, we stuck like glue. When nearly all of us moved out to pursue our own dreams, mom and dad were really sad but they were more than willing to travel miles just to see and be with us even for a few moments. I will be forever grateful to these two who kept me grounded and made me believe that I could spread my wings and fly..

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on the shoerack?

Powered By Blogger

inside the shoebox

Custom Search