Monday, November 17, 2008

the most beautiful person in the world.




When I was a child, I remember this beautiful woman with long black hair and angelic smile, me and my other siblings call her fondly: "Mama" , she was the one constant person (aside from my Dad) who saw all six of us grow up in the best and worst ways possible. She won a beauty queen title and she never makes us forget whenever she cups our faces gently to let us know that our charm came from her and not Dad's.
As I am naturally biased to say that she is the most beautiful person in the world, so is the rest of you who have mothers loving unconditionally and sacrificed so much. To a mother who goes through a lot with just one child, my mother has six times that.
Mama is always conservative, graceful, calm during shaky situations and she always made sure that "No" is No. It was all hardwork.
Through the years, as we graduated college, we went our separate ways. Mama always missed us and she felt giddy and happy for every hug and kiss and lambing that we would give her. She would take the 7-hour ride for a short weekend to make sure we get together for dinner and catch up with our stories about jobs, lovelife and everything in between. We grew up learning that Mom have evolved beautifully through time. And her love strengthens the six of us plus one (who is my nephew Theo). I can say that she is more laidback than before, enjoying everyday knowing that the family is growing and there is so much love to give to all of us.
I love everyday believing and thanking God that she gave me a mother like her and I am truly blessed to have the most beautiful person in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on the shoerack?

Powered By Blogger

inside the shoebox

Custom Search