Monday, November 17, 2008

the weekend that was..

I didn't get any work done last Friday because my computer was down the whole day. It was boring not getting anything productive, I feel I didn't deserve to log out to enjoy the weekend.

Me, J and my brother went to 2oth avenue to get some breakfast at Pares. We were like hungry construction workers wolfing down fried eggs, beef brisket, lumpiang shanghai, fried rice and slurping our soup happily. J kept looking at his celfone in between mouthfuls and I was worried that it was Myke's moodswings again that makes him sad. I will have to text him later that day to see how he was doing.

My mom excitedly opened the door to greet us. She was insisting that we all have breakfast together and catch up on things. But I had to lie down and told her, we will have to join her malling that afternoon at Gateway. She took out her new celfone and bragged about the pictures she had with Theo, she was happy with the new phone she bought as the last one have been too techy for her.

I drifted off to sleep and woke up to my now-defective alarm clock 7'oclock, it said. I knocked on my brother's room to wake him up because we were joining my parents for dinner. I felt guilty not waking up late that afternoon to join her at the mall.
I texted Cai for meet-up that evening and we decided to have dinner at Seafood Island. We were very noisy like kids and dad just sipped his beer quietly while listening to our conversation. Our dinner came, which consist of: tokwa't tawilis,kalkag rice,oysters rockefeller,pinakbet,salted lechon kawali,sisig, and ginataang kuhol.

Kuya was so full that after getting the tab, he wanted to walk around the block. Cai and Mama decided to get some Krispy Kremes while Me and Dad went home. Everybody enjoyed dinner and my parents had to leave Manila by 11pm,we urged them to stay but they had a lot of things to do come Sunday.
Can't wait to see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on the shoerack?

Powered By Blogger

inside the shoebox

Custom Search